HOMEPAGE
THINGS TO DO ACCOMMODATIONS PLACES TO EAT LIFE IN CORONACH SK.
UNION HOSPITAL - CORONACH

COMMUNITY NEWS
BUSINESS DIRECTORY EMERGENCY SERVICES
HOSPITAL RECREATION
COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS
LIBRARY
EDUCATION - DAYCARE
CHURCHES
HISTORY GOVERNMENT - SERVICES
FACILITY RENTALS

A wing of Mossbank airport was purchased in 1946, moved, put on a basement and remodeled to form a modern 8 bed hospital in Coronach Saskatchewan. It was placed on 1st Street West, about the centre of town. The official opening took place September 23, 1949, although the hospital was actually opened to patients some months earlier. The opening was attended by Hon. T.C. Douglas, the Premier of Saskatchewan at the time. The chairman of the board, Mr. J. McPeek voiced his appreciation to all who had helped with the project. A prayer of dedication was followed by the national anthem and the cutting of the ribbon by Premier Douglas. The hospital had been renovated two more times afterward to make it a 12 bed hospital.

In 1992 the Union Hospital was closed and a new healthcare centre was opened in the east part of Coronach. For two years the old hospital sat vacant until 1994 when the Coronach and District Museum Board bought it and created a larger centre for their expanding museum. Now it houses artifacts from Coronach and the surrounding districts.

Union Hospital
Contact  - Emergency Response Plan   -Site Map  - Community Links  - Saskatoon Website Designer